Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RaboDirect Investment Funds

Options
  • 15-10-2005 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Have any of yous any thoughts on Rabo Investment funds

I have a small bit of money id like to put in a high risk fund and I was looking at
    http://www.rabodirect.ie/investments/fund_details/mliif_world_energy.asp

They forecast a high growth on the next 3 years and I am very tempted by this.

Thanks for any replys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭CCOVICH

3 years would be a fairly short time frame for investing in a unit linked fund, especially one where they acknowledge that volatility is higher than average.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

abakan wrote:
    They forecast a high growth on the next 3 years and I am very tempted by this.

Well, they would, wouldn't they. :) In fact, perhaps you're looking at the growth per annum over the *last* 3 years?

The Merrill Lynch IIF Latin American Fund has seen spectacular growth in the past year (up 94%!), but by simply looking at the graph (and with no knowledge of this sort of thing), it looks more likely to be set for a big fall than for further rises?

Robeco High Yield Bonds (EUR) looks like perhaps a more sensible and less risky choice, but again I really don't know much about this sort of thing.

Advertisement