Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Internet History

• 15-10-2005 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭

I deleted my interent history as normal but over the last week old addresses still remain?? I have pressed clear history which would normally clear everything.Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Close IE
    Browse to C:\Documents and Settings\yourusername\Local Settings\History
    Delete contents

Stop being paranoid, or stop looking at naughty shtuff :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

Didnt work. Scanning my P.C for a virus -only other explanation I can think of!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

ER,sorry should have specified to actually open up each day and delete the contents within there.. then go back up 1 level and delete that day.

There are tools to automate this (+..actually,NM)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

You can also delete them individually by using up/down and hitting 'Del'
    By right, clearing history should remove all them pesky p0rn links you've been too....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

basicly prior address have remained when for instance I type in www.boards....a load of sites starting with the letter b show up.Also internet options/homepage -when I go to change it a load of addresses show up also?? By clearing my history all current data is deleted but NOT these

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭osmethod

I believe MS AntiSpyware does a nice job clearing these and others... using the "Tracks Eraser" function.

osmethod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

In Internet Explorer .. Click Tools -> Internet Options -> Content and Select Autocomplete..

Uncheck use autocomplete for web addresses .. this should do the trick

Advertisement