Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Actual connection speed

• 15-10-2005 9:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭

I've got Eircom DSL. Mostly adequate (except for the price) for my needs but sometimes seems slow How can I tell on Windows what my actual connection speed is ?

Ta,
    Spin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Spinnaker

Cheers. Very clever.

It Reports 1.7mB down, 104kbps up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

You certainly are paying a lot to eircom for that 2mbit connection!!!!

eircom==€54.45
    BT=====€40.00

.....a month for the EXACT same connection!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

BT aint the exact same as eircom.

A few of my mates who live within in a few hundred meters of my house are on eircom, im on BT. They get faster downloads and uploads, the connection is harder to choke by uploading and the ping is a little lower.

At least thats how it was a few months ago when I last compared them. These days my BT connection does seem to be a lot better, but I dont think its on a par with the eircom ones yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

I beg to differ, I have used 1Meg eircon connections and I notice that my 1Meg BT connection is a lot faster, it downloads faster as well. And you do get a bigger cap.

• Advertisement
Advertisement