Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Purcahse?

Options
  • 15-10-2005 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭

hey, thinking of upgrading my gfx card. currently running a 256 ati radeon xsomethingorother

it runs hl2 grand, but can get a tiny bit sluggish when everything's turned up high (though you barely notice any graphical improvements). looking at the likes of ut2007 and hl:lc, and all the goodness that'll flow from the x360 and ps3 over to the pc world, it's time to start thinking me thinks...

not thinking of buying one NOW, but in the coming months, what should i look out for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭f1refox

Budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

within reason - i wont be spending €800 on one but am willing to shell out a fair bit

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Wait a bit, until manufacturers start bringing out custom versions of the nVidia 7800 GTX or ATi X1800XT -- then check reviews for these monsters :cool:
    Though from what I've gleamed, the GTX still holds the advantage...

Advertisement