Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Creative's new idea - midget wrestlers

• 15-10-2005 11:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

As reported by PWInsider, the WWE have decided to set up a division for "Midgets, dwarves, the little people". The rule requirement is that they are under five feet tall.

To find out more, read about it on WWE here:

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/juniors

This is unbelievable. WWE sinks even lower. (No pun intended)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

that has to be a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

Haven't seen a minute of wrestling since they took it off sky1 but **** me this is a low. Midget division?? Oh come on WWE, i'm glad i'm no into that anymore, its actually a bit embarrasing. You're sitting watching smackdown and someone comes in while you're watching the inevitable obligatory midget bit and....well its a bad idea, thats all./

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

oh dear god. Terrible idea, smackdown is beyond a joke at this stage now.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭moongoose

don't be hasty just think of the great matches u could have with say midget no.1 v batista. oh the days of spike landing in the front row could soon be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Well WWE have been trying to sign Super Porky and Mistico from indies this week so I'd say they'd be two for the division. I dont like this idea one bit. They struggle with the cruiser division as it is and I see them making a comedy affair out of this which is damn tasteless.

The premise of squash match is about to be given a radical overhaul ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Sounds kinda bad..although it reminds me of something I heard a while ago, there was some legislation passed in America, or some state there, that said you couldn't portray midgets in a certain way in the entertainment industry. It was intended to help them and to prevent them being made fun of. Their union, or whatever they have, ended up suing the authorities because they had been put out of jobs by this law. My point is just that these guys aren't being exploited, they know full well that they can make a decent living out of this line of work

As for there being skilled midget wrestlers..I've never seen one. What's the bets they'll be allowed do the moves that the cruisers are banned from doing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

After watching Smackdown, I'd assume that this all part of a work which eventually leads to a power struggle between the GM Teddy Long and network rep Palmer Cannon.

And the scene with Long, Cannon, the juniors and the Boogeyman was gold!

I know Super Porky is a good worker. I'd hate to see him get released a few weeks down the line just so a Cannon/Long feud is built a bit more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Yeah! I thought they were going to stick a new name on him, I pissed myself when they said Super Porky! Legend

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Do you expect any less from the company that brought you Eugene?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Super Porky sucks ass with a straw. He shouldn't be let near a wrestling venue unless it is to clean the toilets.

I've seen a few of Super Porky's matches and was impressed with each one. What reason have you to say he's crap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

So long as they are not taken the piss out of for their stature, I can't see what they problem is with this, to be honest. Midgets have been part of the industry for years now; they are back in as they offer an alternative so face it; you might just enjoy them a bit.

Apparently the recent Smackdown the crowd didnt take to them that well...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Seen it today the most juvenile thing i ever seen wwe do since this weeks raw.:rolleyes:

Advertisement