Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online stores are they worth it?

Options
  • 16-09-2001 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭

I have thought about setting up a online shop selling stuff but ive had loads of problems along the line. Iv'e been told not to even look in the direction of a store because selling stuff is a bad idea ...

what do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Well what do you want to sell etc. What can you do? Have you any capital etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

i helping a friend with his sites and we had considered secure server shopping for the consumer but have decided that we would instead create and "order form" for such transactions, so that the consumer could then send this to us and we would contact them, without the exchange of credit details although we do have secure server features for wholesale selling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Have you looked at PayPal?
    A friend of mine is using this on his store and it's works quite well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

I was asking something similar a while ago, use the search feature on the webmaster forum. search for "paypal" and it oughta come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Oh, just tried it myself and it seems all the old data from the ubb system wasn't kept. *shrug*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭acidweb

selling stuff is a bad idea

It depends on your idea. I read somewhere that there two rules to making a successful web site, which, I believe are directly linked to your debate over setting up a store.

Do something original or do something better!

If you think that you can do this, and are willing to put in the work, then by all means go for it!

Best a luck.

Advertisement