Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardening/DIY - Why not a forum for each?

Options
  • 16-10-2005 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭

Let's face it, gardening is huge!

Witness at least two hours of prime-time, terrestrial television devoted to it weekly.

DIY doesn't come close, except tangenitally through property programmes.

Of course, that's TV and this is the internet, and the success of DIY on the DIY/Gardening forum and the sheer volume of DIY threads (OK, almost exclusively DIY!) would beg to differ with television's relative approach to the two.

Either way, the net effect (pun intended) is that gardening is lost on boards.ie, which is a great shame.

It was misguided from the beginning to lump the two together. They are both interests that are pursued indoors and outdoors and usually at the weekend. That's all. Otherwise, they are chalk and cheese. What's the point? All that has been achieved is that it is impossible to see the shrubs for the wood, so to speak.

If you want to read what others are up to in their gardens this week, you have to wade through page after page of paint and central heating to find anything. Ridiculous! Is it any wonder that no debate is generated there?

How hard can it be to seperate DIY and gardening?

A change.........please!

Thanks.

D.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

I was thinking that just last night in fact, when I saw a thread title about a leak in someones boiler, and I thought "What in the name of jesus is that doing on the Gardening forum... ooooh, its Gardening/DIY, aaaah the world is sane again" or is it!?

I for one would agree with the splitting of the two...

Advertisement