Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opinion on this wifi router

• 16-10-2005 12:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

My story so far...

IBB Breeze going into onboard NIC in my Dell tower. Netgear Wireless NIC also in the Dell. The onboard NIC has ICS running on it so my laptop can connect via the Netgear. You get the picture...

Problem is, if I'm given a PC to run Windows update, or to find drivers for, I have to unplug the Dell, reconfig the IP on the new PC with IBB settings and it's a pain.

So I'm looking at getting a WIFI router with ethernet ports. Maplin are doing a deal if you buy a WIFI 4P router, you get either a PCI or PCMCIA wireless card for free. Cost is 98 EURO, but it doesn't give any detailed specs or the manuf/model.

I looked on komplett and they are doing a WIFI bundle (router and PCI card), SKU# 309105 for 89 EURO (99E shipped). I had a look at the manual online for the router and it seems pretty well packed with features like WEP/WPA, MAC filtering, website filtering, web access, DMZ, VPN, repeat to other APs WDS, firewall etc etc.

Just wondering if anyone here has any experience of this router, or should I just bite the bullet and go for it!!! Im gong into Maplin today (sunday) to see what they have to offer.

Thanks, Dara

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

not with this router afraid -

I have my setup as the following - Ibb connection in the wan port on the router(linksys WRT54GS) and router set to Dhcp out to the lan , pc nr1 connected to the ethernet port 1 and the other pc to the other ports and so on.

Your better of getting a decent router spend the money on it because they are worth it - nothing worse then a crap router...

Advertisement