Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The CS forum

Options
  • 16-10-2005 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭

Is there any chance of appointing a regular user of this forum as moderator. Its been relatively civil of late but we have a new troll that has been hanging around for a few days now and nothing has been done about it..

He has been most "active" on this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=310572&page=1&pp=20

RobVanDamager2 is the users name..
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

I second that motion, he needs a good kicking :).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

People like him are the reason I have stopped reading my beloved CS board.Used to read it all and it was quite good... *sniffle

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

If you had reported him earlier he would have been dealt with quicker. He's gone now. Please use the report feature in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

How about appointing a Moderator that is actually a regular user of the forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

I nominate Jesus thats great tbh.

Ropedrink is fairly active on boards.ie, but has so many varied interests that he's bound to miss the odd infraction of the rules.

Quite regularly its jtg who actually points out the trouble makers, and it would be better if he had the opportunity to do something about it firsthand.

• Advertisement

...a Moderator that is actually a regular user of the forum...
    Will only catch so much of the bad ****, its up to regular users of the forum to report the post, which you should have done (I assumed you had also done that).

Nevertheless I stand by my nomination, and it may even teach jtg the importance of the report post feature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

i second jesus_thats_gre, drake and taz don't seem to be around much lately, stickies need to be updated aswell btw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Jesus Thats Gre for mod!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Sweet wrote:
    Jesus Thats Gre for mod!

Yeah.. woo hoo.. Yeah...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Are animated avatars allowed now? Sweet.

• Advertisement

lafortezza wrote:
    sweet doesn't have the animated avatar

I think he was implying 'sweet' as thats cool, not my name.

lafortezza wrote:

I don't think there allowed. It says you can't but you can manoeuvre around that provided you don't run into an Admin

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i vote for jesus_thats_gre.

i'll take that erm brown envelope now, lol

only joking you'd make a great addition to the mods of boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Ropedrink is very active around boards and is always in #boards.ie , he is the mod of this forum and dont see how people are saying that there isnt a real active mod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

RobVanDamager2 is the users name..

That guy personally insulted me on another forum a couple of weeks ago and got banned so I'm not surprised he's been up to no good yet again.

Advertisement