Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

porting timeframes

• 16-10-2005 1:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭

What is the normal timeframe for a port from Voadfone to o2? I requested a port yesterday at 2pm and it is still not completed.

Is this normal for a weekend? Should I be waiting till 2morrow as they must not port numbers on a weekend?

Comments

It should take no more than 2 hours even on a saturday.

I ported from O2 to meteor on a saturday-so they do work weekends,but perhaps they stop early.
    You should ring customer care tbh.

3 will only port during office hours monday to friday by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I did a O2 to Vodafone port a few months ago and it took a full 24 hours to complete again this was on a weekend. I think that vodafone are the weak link in the chain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

porting is down at the moment. should be back up by the end of the day

porting is down at the moment. should be back up by the end of the day
    Thanks for that, you work in Voda or o2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Bond-007 wrote:
    I think that vodafone are the weak link in the chain.

I think you are making assumptions... We all know what assumptions make...

• Advertisement

I think you are making assumptions... We all know what assumptions make...
    I make this accusation based on experience. Any time I have had delays it was down to voadfone being slow to release the numbers to the opposing networks. This has been confirmed to me by others in the trade.

In the end I was ported on Monday at 1800 a full 52 hours after going into the shop. Very slow indeed!

Advertisement