Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What sound system should I get?

Options
  • 16-10-2005 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

I'm purchasing a Sharp Aquos 37" LCD which will be in a pretty small room (converted garage) and I need to buy a sound system to support it but know absolutely nothing about them.
    Not wanting to spend the earth and others I have asked seem not to know also. One said that conventional wisdom is to buy separates but another happy with his all in one. My criteria:
    a) Price range not exceeding €500 - €600
    b) Tidy in appearance as better half won't be too happy if room is awash with wiring and ugly or large speakers. Ideally as discreet as possible.

Any help or suggestions very, very welcome

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Cinemaworks

Dont buy without a listen first..

have a look on the internet at nice looking 5 or 7.1 similar sytems WAF. pick about 5 then find who sells them. head down with a pen and a piece of paper and list good points and bad after a good 10 - 30 minute listen from each sytem. If the shop wont oblige then they are not worth buying from.

your ears are the best judge what is right for you. if it sounds good to you, it is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gs39t

Dont buy without a listen first..
    --

If the shop wont oblige then they are not worth buying from.

Where DOES oblige? The only place im aware of that even has a demo room is Peats in Dublin city center. Never checked it out so cant comment, but most other places that im aware of (which honestly isnt that many) just have the speaker systems in boxes and not hooked up/demo'd

Advertisement