Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 MMS Settings on a Sharp GX25

• 16-10-2005 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hey, hows it goin'.....

Recently put my O2 speakeasy sim into an unlocked Sharp GX25. Managed to get the WAP set up fine but still have problems sending and receiving MMS messages, getting a 'server connection error' message when I try to download my new picture message received.
    MMS is set up correctly when I use the same sim in a NOKIA. Anybody got any ideas?? Thanks....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

You need to put new settings in the GX25

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Pete Briquette

wolfman wrote:
    You need to put new settings in the GX25

These are the settings I put into the phone, taken from the sticky on Irish operator settings....

Prepay WAP over GPRS Settings

Connection name : gprs wap
    Data bearer : GPRS
    Access point name: pp.wap.o2.ie
    Username: gprs (leaving blank can also work with most devices)
    Prompt password: no
    Password: gprs (leaving blank can also work with most devices)
    Authentication: Normal
    Gateway IP address: 192.168.090.074
    Homepage: http://www.o2.ie
    Connection Security : Off or ON (security would be needed for wap banking etc.)
    Session mode: Permanent

These are working fine for getting online...still having problems with my MMS messaging though. I am subscribed to it as I had it on my previous phone, same Sim.

On this SharpGX25 there is a setting for 'Relay Server URL' :o - its the only thing I havent filled in so it could be that. Any ideas what I should set this to?? Cheers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

well what did you put under the message settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Pete Briquette

Okay, heres what I have in the MMS Settings:

Profile Name: O2 MMS
    IP Address: 192.168.090.074
    Relay Server URL: ??????
    Port Number: 08080 (has to be five figures)
    Connection Type: GPRS

GPRS Settings: APN: pp.wap.o2.ie
    User Name: BLANK
    Password: BLANK
    Linger Time: 00180

Advertisement