Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unusual spider

Options
  • 16-10-2005 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭

I spotted this guy in my back garden earlier today. I took some pictures of it with my phone as I had never seen a spider with a bright red back before. Maybe someone here might be able to help me identify it? My phone didn't really capture its colour correctly. Its back was a little redder and brighter than this picture would indicate

16102005.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

i can't really see it that good but the only spider i know with a red back it the highly venomous red back spider which i think is found in australia but i did hear a story from england where a lady bought some grapes from the store and came home and looked into the grapes and there was a red back spider in there :eek: and it also looks about the same size as a red back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

I already looked up the red back spider from australia. Its not that type thankfully :) The red back is totally black with a red stripe on its back. This one is brown with blacks spots and its entire back looks like a raspberry or strawberry.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Wokie

Check out this website....I've sufficiently creeped myself out on it:D

http://www.xs4all.nl/~ednieuw/Spiders/thumbnails/spidhome_thumbnails.htm

you might find your spider here!

Advertisement