Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSP Question

• 16-10-2005 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

How can I tell what version a PSP is? I'm told version 1.5 is the best, where's the best place to get one & a 1gb memory card?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

1.50 can play homebrew and illegal apps, but if you have a v2.00 PSP, you can downgrade to 1.50, so don't worry if your pick up one of those. Infact, you'd probably have a hard time trying to find a 1.50, so your best bet is to buy a PSP in gamestop, or HMV. These have firmware version 1.52, but you get a disc with it that updates it to 2.00, which you can then downgrade to 1.50. Happy days.

1gb memory sticks aren't cheap. The cheapest you'll find one in the shops in Dublin is €140, I've even seen them go for €200. e-Bay is probably the cheapest, I think you can get them under the €100 mark, inclusive of shipping and insurance.

And to check what firmware version you have, go to "Settings" (on your PSP), and go down to "System settings", from there, go to the second last option: System information. Open this and it'll show you what firmware version is currently installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Cucullan

Thanks for that, so realy it doesn't matter what one I get in the Game or where ever its only a matter of downgrading it to a 1.5v, not that I want it to play illegal stuff, I was just wondering is all :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

but you cannot check which firmware you have until you take it out of the box, just thought i might add that bit.

also if you wish to use the web browser you'll have to be on firmware 2.0 i think (definelately no browser on my v1.5 jap psp)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

There seems to be a hidden browser on the wipeout download menu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭techguy

Cremo wrote:
    but you cannot check which firmware you have until you take it out of the box, just thought i might add that bit.

Wrong, you can..You can find out how from one of the earlier psphacking101 episodes...

www.psphacking101.com

Hakko

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

That's very good.....I never knew that.

Thanks.

Advertisement