Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paypal and Maestro?

Options
  • 16-10-2005 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

Apparently, if you live in the UK, you can use Paypal with a Maestro or Switch card. Anyone got any idea is it possible to do that here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Royale

I am also looking for the answer to this question.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭elven

Nah, the laser card, even though it says maestro on it, just doesn't seem to be the equivalent to the switch card (which is now called maestro) and you can't use it anywhere useful, apart from photobox.ie or buying bin tags online :( There's some catching up to be done here with this stuff I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

I just moved to Galway and have setup an Irish Ebay account. Even though I have trading history, the only way I could set up the Irish (PayPal) version was to use a credit card.

It was great using my Maestro/Switch card as it meant taking it from my account funds rather than the credit card.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

elven wrote:
    Nah, the laser card, even though it says maestro on it, just doesn't seem to be the equivalent to the switch card (which is now called maestro) and you can't use it anywhere useful, apart from photobox.ie or buying bin tags online :( There's some catching up to be done here with this stuff I think...

You can use it on cd-wow and motortax.ie and komplett to name just a few..

Advertisement