Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Emo Haircuts, What are your thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

The video speaks the truth. Emo hair and skunk mohawks will be equivalent of the "big hair" of the 80's 90's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

emo haircuts suck. they look like boyband haircuts to me

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Okay, hold up for one second there people.

IF all these people get their hair cut, then what am I supposed to laugh at? Hmm? HMMM?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

The fact that it'll be a load of skinheads bouncing up and down on stage wearing glasses and trying to be all mopey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Nightwish wrote:
    emo haircuts suck. they look like boyband haircuts to me

Don't you fucking DARE insult Boyz ll Men!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

when i went to whiplash metal festival i thought good charlotte were coming on stage but that band were actually good..now if they would just lose the emo clothes and hair.
    BTW is that a haunted song in the video?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Suits an awful lotta people. And it's usually just people growing their hair long doing something with the dreaded "$hit stage"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

one word . . . gay. As christmas infact

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Well I wouldn't mind seeing the whole emo thing vanish altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Suits an awful lotta people. And it's usually just people growing their hair long doing something with the dreaded "$hit stage"
    aww man i ****ing hate that $hit stage. i'm going through it atm. but i don't have emo hair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Suits an awful lotta people.

I'm sure leiderhosen suit a lot of people but you don't see many people running around in them. An awful haircut. They need to cut their hair and get a job. A job cutting hair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

Lol... That was a bit harsh, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

I think "emo haircuts" suit loads of people and make most people appear more attractive, especially for guys. When I say emo haircut, I mean the basic side fringe thing. I think the complicated **** is ridiculous.

I'm sorta indifferent with the whole dyed-black-hair-with-a-hint-of-red/blonde. Just a bit overdone.

edit: just watched the video again, and man, when a hair-cut doesn't suit someone... it really doesn't suit 'em...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

that was the best video i have seen so far today

whats the song/band playing on it does anyone know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

TBH it suits some people and can look "good", but as said above, when it doesn't suit someone, it REALLY doesn't suit them.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Tiffany

rb_ie wrote:
    TBH it suits some people and can look "good", but as said above, when it doesn't suit someone, it REALLY doesn't suit them.
    I agree, emo haircuts can look really good on some guys. You need the right face for it though, different cuts suit different people.

What's with the hate for emo guys anyway? I'd loved to hear a good enough reason. It's not like they attack you on the street or anything, we're not talking about skangers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

when i went to whiplash metal festival i thought good charlotte were coming on stage but that band were actually good..now if they would just lose the emo clothes and hair.
    BTW is that a haunted song in the video?

It's an unearth song

And lay off emo, there's worse out there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

ghostchant wrote:
    It's an unearth song

And lay off emo, there's worse out there...

You damn EMO :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Who gives a f**k what way people have their hair?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Honestly, who the **** cares. It's grunge haircuts with added gel and styling.

While I oppose emo as being in any way a sensible genre of music, seriously, it's rock ppl, I don't get the hostility. Surely us in our 20s who used to relieve our angst with heavy doses of Rage Against the Machine and Smashing Pumpkins were no different? Emo kids don't have a monopoly on dodgy teenage poetry, angst or other teenage foibles.

Anyways, moved to FAP. Or in spam terms, out of the frying pan and into the fire :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

quank wrote:

Yup :D, i posted that 1 a few weeks back , thought i would follow up with this, its still good now, sure some folks didnt see it. Such a classic tune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Gay as they come really.

This is an honest to god manly hair:

112014.jpg

Or this:

28997813.HermanLi1.jpg

moangel.jpg
    MikaelAkerfeldt.jpg

If you say so :o .

If you say so :o .

Damn right I say so! That's serious masculine hair there, no gay-ass emo rubbish I tells you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

It's time-honoured metal hair, dammit! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

John2 wrote:
    I'm sure leiderhosen suit a lot of people but you don't see many people running around in them. An awful haircut. They need to cut their hair and get a job. A job cutting hair.

Ehhhh - exactly how sure are you there? and the rest of your post made no sense whatsoever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

Those Emo cuts are the business.. They only look good on the right people though..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

Is it wrong that

A: I thought some of the guys there were hot
    or
    B: That my hair is slightly similar to some of those? (I'm a girl though....):o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

Flashling wrote:
    Is it wrong that

or

Not even nearly..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Flashling wrote:
    Is it wrong that

or

A: Don't worry, I did too ;)

B: No it doesn't! Your hair is not like that at all! Your hair is lovely!

Flashling wrote:
    Is it wrong that

or

Yeah, that's wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

Damn.

Flashling wrote:
    Damn.

You should enjoy the fine specimins of manly hair I posted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Hahaha, that's a hilarious video. I had emo hair while I was growing it out, it was all i could do with it. It still looked (and looks) ridiculous though. :D

Advertisement