Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Navan!

Options
  • 16-10-2005 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭

Me and two other friends were out at the cinema the other night and while walking past O'Briens this 16 year old guy with a bleeding hand began following us. As we turned the corner we noticed there was a few of his heavies waiting for us. I glanced at the shadow of the approacher and he began walking faster. He then ran up to my friend and kicked him.Luckily the tension was quickly defused but it was unbelievable behaviour. Anyone else have any tales of Navan at nighttime?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Happens like every night, i dont even go out now iam that afraid, what did they look like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Skinheads all in tracksuits. A completely unprovoked attack. They also left beer cans in the middle of the street so if anyone touched them they'd have an excuse for a fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

lucky you got out of there, that was completely uncalled for. I often was around Navan at night, like yourself going to the cinema and theres always gangs of teens hanging around the cinema looking for trouble and the Supermacs, just have to keep your head down, shower of wnkers would like nothing more for you to chase them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 jellytots

This is nothing unusual, was in Navan 3 weeks ago with my husband about 6pm and passing end of Metges Lane saw two young lads, no more than 16, deliberately shoving into passers-by looking for a fight. They got one. One lad ended up being kicked and beaten all around the Square and nearly ended up under a Bus Eireann bus. Good enough for him. Navan is not a comfortable place to be.

Metges Lane

Pity a shortcut has to be used as a haven for these eejits.
    Does anyone even notice gardai around?

• Advertisement

Unfortunately there's never any Gardai around. Wheres Metges Lane?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Funniest thing happened to a m8 of mine a few saturdays ago.
    We had just come out of that hell they call "Solar". There where tons of poeple running a mock on the street, we where chillin on the side chatting to some folk. A foreign lad, rather big in a leather jacket walks from behind my friend and Slaps him through the face :eek: .
    He then continues walking passed us, i threw my leg out to trip him, he hit the pavement (:D) and the bouncers swiftly moved in on him before he could get up and beat the ****e outta me :p .
    Dont really no what came over me, if the bouncers hadnt been there i probably woulda been screwed :o .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭mise_me_fein

I like this type of story. What goes around comes around.

It'll teach the pr!ck to watch what he does next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

I like this type of story. What goes around comes around.

It'll teach the pr!ck to watch what he does next time.

It was so strange when it happened, i just saw this hand come from behind and connect him through the face followed by this large guy mouthing something in a foreign language. My friends face was the funniest part of it all, hahah, didnt no what had happened.

Eastern Europeans?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Dont know Navan particularly well, but my bf lives there. I always notice the crowd that hangs around Supermacs at night, there not Irish anyway. Very dodgy and i often hear them shout abuse at passerby's in thier own language.

Like culb Beebee

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Its the 12-17 year old scumbags [with the peak of their caps pointing up in the air] that cause most of the trouble.
    Iv seen lots of fights around the entrance to Supermacs. One evening about ten of them took on a guy who was defending the Supermacs manageress. They beat him with the yellow "wet floor" signs and split his head open with full beer cans.
    They would be running the other way if they didnt have their mates behind them.
    Theres a lot of scumbags in Navan

We should set up our own 'Navan Scumbag Eradication Squad'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Metge's Lane is a terrible area for muggings, assaults, etc. A friend of mine was mugged there recently: his phone and wallet were taken. Sensibly, he didn't resist. I wouldn't recommend walking around there at night, unless one is in a very large group!

Where the **** are the cops?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I think the best part of Navan to live in is Johnstown because the people out there are the soundest people of all. The Dublin people are ledgends.

Nowhere to be seen I'm afraid!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Nedermeyer

I used to go to Navan as a young lad for the cinema and the like about six years ago, and it was bad then. Got started on many's a time. At the rate Navan is expanding this is only going to get worse. if the residents of Navan want to do something about it, they should get a petition together and submit it to the local town councilbefore it's too late. Get some national media attention(always good) or somehing like that, they'll have to do something.

they should get a petition together and submit it to the local town councilbefore it's too late.

For what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

Where the **** are the cops?

The cops can be found sitting in their station drinking tea. Actually now that i think of it... the station is in direct line of sight of Supermacs...

have yet to see a cop on the beat in Navan...

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭jinxycat

Sweet wrote:
    Unfortunately there's never any Gardai around. Wheres Metges Lane?
    metges lane is just at the cinema, it brings you out at the square.

i was walking down to molloys the other night, had to laugh there was this fella pissed and was ranting away to himself just outside the newgrange entrance. the bouncers where minded their own business until the fool started punching the rear end of a cae=r parked outside the premises. the bouncers fairly livend up them and pulled him away. the ****er left a dent tin the car. i pity the owners what they come out to see it. nothing they could do because the guy was removed. your car can't even be safe on the streets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

There a lot of little scumbags around the town, and all they really need is to get a beating!

There are no cops round on a fri/sat night when most of the trouble kicks off!! Its ridiculous. A town the size of navan around 30k people have probably 3 cops !!

aye a team of 6 or something, and that stupid van that does be in the wrong places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Eddie Brennan

Sweet wrote:
    We should set up our own 'Navan Scumbag Eradication Squad'.
    i like the sound of that! we could get a gropu of 15 or so and get 1 or 2 of the bravest to start the fight they want when started upon and then kick the fcuking heads of them ;)

Yeah, set up a vigilante, oops sorry Neighborhood Watch scheme!!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Bergstrom

Navan is quite an interesting place to live. The former superintendant Eamonn Courtney, Judge John Brophy and his highness the DPP are guilty of letting the notorious HAND nakers do what they want.

Read the Meath Chronicle editions from the last 3 years. Calculate all their crimes, then all the crimes they were LET OFF on, (even though they did do them), then calculate the time they SHOULD have received, but never DID serve. The DPP has stated (in a roundabout way) that the HAND nakers can do what they want, even beat the sh1t out of innocent people.

Don't believe me? Read the M.C from now until xmas, look out for the HANDS, then read the court reports. They will get off because a state solicitor will get them off, the super will interrogate the WITNESSES, not the HANDS and that will be that. Crime pays in Navan. Full stop.

Berg

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭- bo -

Walking around Navan on your own now after dark is a pretty brave thing to do nowadays. I got mugged myself a few months ago on my way home on my own from being out by 3 lads all I'd say in early 20s. Only had 50 euros on me at the time so suppose it could've been worse, if they had any sense they'd have taken me and my ATM card for a little walkies to the ATM machine. They just emptied my wallet then and threw everything onto the road, scummers. The town is littered with them.

In fairness, navan isn't the only town in Ireland to experience such a decline in civility!
    With money and economic prosperity enivitably there are people who fall between the lines and are scum bags!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭youthacademy

hey lads, theres a new nightclub in navan opened recently wasn't there? i'd be interested to know what its like, has any one been there yet??

Advertisement