Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with a "corrupt database" Nokia

• 16-10-2005 7:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭

Today my 3 yr old Ngage gave a "Database corrput - some information may be lost" message when accessing the Contacts.

Now when I turn it on the blue on white Nokia screen comes up but it doesn't continue with the "Enter the PIN" screen, it just turns itself off.

I've tried removing the battery, MMC and SIM but it's still doing the same thing.

Is it dead or could I load some files on (via USB) ? Could I get it "flashed" ?

Any help appreciated ...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Hi,

You could try formatting the phone. This will wipe *everything* on the phone so be warned!
    The method of performing a hard-format, i.e resetting it completely to factory defaults and removing all data, is as follows:

1. Switch off the phone.
    2. Hold down the following three buttons: Green (call answer) button, * button, and '3' button
    3. While holding these buttons, press the power button and switch on the phone
    4. When the message 'Formatting' appears on the screen, release all of the buttons

Note that you shouldn't switch the phone off or remove the battery when performing either of these operations, and it's advised that the handset has a reasonable amount of battery charge before performing a format/reset.

- Neil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

aye the formatting should do the job

Advertisement