Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Flying Spagetti Monster that is God

• 16-10-2005 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭

http://www.venganza.org/

May I make the humble proposition that Flying Spagetti Monsterism could become the offical religion of CTYI?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Mr.D.Leprachaun

Never! :mad: The Cube is our god! CONFORM!

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Jack Lynch

And what about the Cult of the Spoon?

By the way, as I was the roommate of the Cube's creator, does that make me like St. Peter, or Moses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 invisibleghost

I was touched by His Noodly Appendage a long time ago and have been a devout follow ever since.

And Flying Spaghetti Monsterism gets my vote for the official CTYI religion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Ran across that the other day on wiki. Best religion evar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

It has pirates. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 ChocolateTurtle

sorry, atheism all the way. it's the lazy man's religion.

Jack Lynch wrote:

By the way, as I was the roommate of the Cube's creator, does that make me like St. Peter, or Moses?
    Not "creator". The Cube is its own creation. A prophet perhaps? Is this the Gospel Dave Ruane you speak of?

The Cube invented Pirates to smuggle physical representations of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Heh heh heh. "Smuggle." What a word. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I was about to say ''You fool! Smuggle's not a realy word!'' until I realised: I'm an Idiot

• Advertisement

*pats Liz patronisingly on the head*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭TalkISCheap

Careful you. People have lost their hands (amongst other things...) doing that to Liz. She bites.

*raises eyebrow*

He's implying that Piste uses her teeth while giving men oral sex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

sounds painful....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Jade Chihuahua

It has pirates. :D
    YYYYYYYYYYAAAAAARRRRRRRRRR!!! Or do the pirates have it?
    Think about it!

Raphael wrote:
    He's implying that Piste uses her teeth while giving men oral sex.

You abuse me far too much on this forum.

Yeah...innit great?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Per Liefsonson

Never! :mad: The Cube is our god! CONFORM!
    Yes mortals! Bow before the Cube's might!

Not "creator". The Cube is its own creation. A prophet perhaps? Is this the Gospel Dave Ruane you speak of?

Yep. And as for the Flying Spaghetti Monsterism, would anyone really want to be called a Pastafarian? I know a lot of CTYIers like sad jokes and bad puns, but that's too far.

• Advertisement

Pastafarian! That's hilarious!:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

What about the Great Green Arkleseizure ?

Raphael wrote:
    Yeah...innit great?

/mutters and strokes space-monkeys

soon my preciouses, soon....

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Chowburger

I have nowt to offer this thread but a link:
    Flying-Spaghetti-Monster-related thingy.

Wikipedia wrote:
    Jatravartids are small blue creatures of planet Viltvodle VI with more than fifty arms each. They are therefore unique in being the only race in history to have invented aerosol deodorant before the wheel.

Many races believe that the Universe was created by some sort of god or in the Big Bang. The Jatravartid people, however, believe that the Universe was sneezed out of the nose of a being called the Great Green Arkleseizure. They live in perpetual fear of the time they call The Coming of the Great White Handkerchief. Theory of the Great Green Arkleseizure is not widely accepted outside Viltvodle VI.

(A similar concept was used in the short story "God's Nose" by Damon Knight.)

For the feature film Douglas Adams created a new character called Humma Kavula, a missionary whose apparent mission is to spread the religion of the Jatravartids.

Forget Flying Spaghetti Monsterism and all those others. Wikipedia is my God

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭LordCran

His name is Major Snugglepuss McMuffin. Yes, he and the Lynch were roommates. The Cube always was, and always shall be. Major Snugglepuss simply spread its message to the world. Then disappeared.
    Sorry all, but given the last post, Douglas Adams is my god.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Anto and Moe

The Flying Spagetti monster is far superior to mere atheism, in fact, any atheist who has heard the good news about the Flying Spagetti Monster, and his Noodely Apendage, and has failed to convert is desperately in need of enlightenment, and probably not much fun!

OBEY THE CUBE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Per Liefsonson

Out of interest, besides Daithi and myself, who else knows of the Cube we speak of?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭TalkISCheap

*cough*

Advertisement