Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband on a PBX

• 16-10-2005 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

I've been trying to get broadband for quite a while and I can't get either DSL or wireless.

In relation to DSL, such as eircom, just wondering if having a PBX installed in my house would stop my number being approved.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    David.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Short answer yes.
    DSL signals cannot travel through a PBX, but there is a solution. Get an engineer to install a seperate extension straight from the main box to where you want broadband, this way the broadband signal does not need to go through the PBX and it should work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭badrobot

Thanks for the help, I'm going to have eircom test the line with the phone line disconnected from the PBX and see if that works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Once the order is confirmed, then you should be safe to reconnect the PBX.
    The PBX should block the DSL signals but if it does not then you will need a filter on the line that feeds the PBX, if the line to the pbx just plugs into a regular socket then just attach the filter to it and your PBX and its connected phones will not mess up your broadband, if the PBX line is wired straight into the junction box then you will need to get an inline filter, the same type that is used when you have an alarm. It splits the DSL only signal so you wire your broadband cable into it, the other output goes to the PBX.

Advertisement