Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

finding uk & Irelands most accurate mediums!

• 16-10-2005 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi all my name is mas im looking to start a web site tracking the most acurate psychic/mediums in uk & ireland. I need all the help i can get from people who have had realistic geniune readings. There is too many people...(including myself) who have been ripped off by individuals who claim to have this ability!
    My intention is to provide a list, & direction for geniune people who seek honest advice from meduims.If you know of anyone who is the seventh son/daughter of the seventh son/daughter.........it would be great!But most importantly I need your help!! It will be YOU! & myself that make this site possilble, while shaming con artist of there money! Thanks for your comments.
    I will check my thread daily to assess your feedback. I appreciate meduims have good & bad days like any human being, what im looking for is CONSISTENCY in there results, which has been provided by the medium.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

It's a good idea in theory but a word of warning, I've considered similar sites for other industries (nothing to do with mediums) but decided against it due to the libel/slander laws here (I think the UKs are roughly similar to the Irish ones). Mediums/psychics are notoriously protective of their reputations and I'd expect the to vigourously defend themselves against any negative publicity. One way around this could be to get them to voluntarily sign up to the site, expressly accepting that they may recieve negative, aswell as positive feedback. Best of luck with your plan anyway, it would be a good resource to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭dent

You could try something along the lines of http://www.ratemyteachers.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

stevenmu wrote:
    It's a good idea in theory but a word of warning, I've considered similar sites for other industries (nothing to do with mediums) but decided against it due to the libel/slander laws here (I think the UKs are roughly similar to the Irish ones). Mediums/psychics are notoriously protective of their reputations and I'd expect the to vigourously defend themselves against any negative publicity. One way around this could be to get them to voluntarily sign up to the site, expressly accepting that they may recieve negative, aswell as positive feedback. Best of luck with your plan anyway, it would be a good resource to have.
    He's talking about listing the best ones, not the worst ones, so libel/reputation isn't an issue.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

mas wrote:
    while shaming con artist of there money!
    I took this to mean there would be negative feedback posted too. Tbh I don't see how it could really work at all without negative feedback. There could be a scale of 'quite good' to 'excellent' or something like that, but people will invariably have negative experiences and want to provide feedback along those lines, without including that I don't think any ratings would be accurate.

(I know they can't exactly be accurate anyway, but they could accurately represent peoples opinions)

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭dent

I'd agree with stevenmu, you do need to provide feedback both positive and negative. That ratemyteachers website does not print the nasty comment's but just shows that a teacher got a negative rating. Another example is http://www.tripadvisor.com/ plenty of negative feedback in there as well as positive.

• Advertisement
Advertisement