Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "what the hell is going on with Antrhax" thread

Options
  • 16-10-2005 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭

I think pretty much everybody has been in the dark over the last year regarding Anthrax. And just browsing around a few music sites I've stumbled on some new interviews and quotes that might shed some more light...seems like John Bush is almost certainly out of the equation now: http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/article.asp?ID=8869&type=NWS

On Blabbermouth there's an interview with Joey Belladonna, who's talking as if he's back permanently but they're not talking about writing new material yet, just enjoying the reunion tour:
    liveDaily: What's it like to be back in the band?

Joey Belladonna: "It's great. It's a nice thing. What we had before was great, anyhow, [and] it's only better right now for us. It's nice to pick up where we left off. I didn't really want to go anywhere. I just didn't want to make a change for a different style of vocals, so unfortunately I'm coming in after having them done something else again. But I don't let that really get in my way. I just focus on what I have to do and be here — the way it used to be — and make it better, you know? Hopefully we can stick around a little longer doing it. Hopefully it's something they want to continue doing; something we all want to continue doing."

liveDaily: Have you started writing new material?

Joey Belladonna: "Haven't gone there, no. As time goes on, I think people might get closer to that option. We're really just trying to do it step by step. We're trying to keep the music that we're doing live, and everything intact. See how everybody gels. You have to kind of go day by day. You really have to get in the room [to write]. That's a possibility, but we haven't really gone there."

Read the entire interview at www.livedaily.com

So, what do you think will happen? Or what do you hope will happen?

What direction would you like to see the band go? 7 votes

End the reunion tour, bring back Bush and continue from where they left off.
    0% 0 votes
    Forget Bush, start afresh with Belladonna and start writing new material.
    100% 7 votes
    Keep the reunion tour going, but bow out at the end of it without releasing any new albums.
    0% 0 votes
    Other
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Hopefully Bush comes back. I saw them during the summer with Belladonna, and he really doesnt suit the band. They need a tough sounding singer, not some one who sound like they are from LA Guns or Motley fool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

joh bush is metals all round nice guy and a much better singer i think.he has a broader appeal and although i missed them with belladonna earlier in the year i do think they have grown around bush in the last decade.

Advertisement