Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamemonsters/Gff server super laggy?

Options
  • 16-10-2005 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else find playing on gamemonsters servers seriously laggy, with my Eircom 2BB going up to 600 ping every few minutes?

Pain in the ass hiding for a bit every round. Tried another gamemonsters server in UK and got the same problem nearly every 8 minutes the game would lag leaving me fairly buggered.

kdjac

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Its perfect for all our 45 members,perfect for me,our regulars always come back.
    Im on eircom 2mb bb,game monsters are excellent hosts.
    Something up with your connection tbh m8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Tovarishch

If you're getting the problem on more than one server perhaps it's your own connection.

I play on the GFF server and get very steady, very low pings and I'm also on an Eircom 2mb bb line.

Are you sure you're not running anything in the background that might be using up your bandwidth?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭wideband

I havnt experienced any lag on the server and as far as im aware the server is set to kick pings exceeding 150, so im not sure that you would even get the chance to reach a ping of 600 every few minutes :)

The GFF server is full the majority of the time (most being regulars).....so this would not indicate a poor server......check you connection m8 and try again, love to see you on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Im on a 1meg eircom line and i cant say ive had problems with Gamemonsters servers, i ping between 30 and 50 on them, which is nice :)
    You sure its not your own connection Kdjac?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

My connection is fine on the GFF server, and my connection is the first to ping up to 600 or so on certain servers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

i can only assume kdjacs connection sucks dick like a vietnamese whore if your pings are that bad, cause mine has never gone higher than 45 on the GFF server, for either dod:s or bf2

Advertisement