Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless router and wireless network card

• 16-10-2005 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭

Hi all, in the market for a router and a network card for my pc.

What would you recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

The Linksys WRT54G is a favourite around these parts:)
    Anything PCI card an aerial (And the facility to change the aerial) does the job..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭techguy

why would you need to change the aerial..?

Hakko

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

You probably will never need to - it just gives you options!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭The Troll

hey how did some of the posts from here disappear? What garde router should i look for again? B was it?Also what about speeds of the network cards? Whats the fastest one available at a reasonable price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

The Troll wrote:
    hey how did some of the posts from here disappear? What garde router should i look for again? B was it?Also what about speeds of the network cards? Whats the fastest one available at a reasonable price?

Prob due to the upgrade.

I'd go for a G type router and card as its the fastest available (54Mbps). A lil bit more expensive but you're future proofing.

I'd recommend the linksys WRT54G as router. As for wireless card if its a desktop PC then use this PCI card or this USB card. If its a laptop use this PC Card

Best prices for these are usually at elara.ie, microaid.ie or komplett.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Ro-76

The Troll wrote:
    Hi all, in the market for a router and a network card for my pc.

What would you recommend?

I've got a D-Link DI-624 and DWL-G650 , both in pwo if you're interested.

Located in D6.

Ro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Another vote for linksys, I have a WRT54GS and all the nics in server and desktops are Linksys Wireless-G PCI 54 Mbps 802.11g SpeedBoosters -

The speedbooster version of the router and the nics use afterburner technology so my connection speed on wireless lan is approx 112Mbps compared to 54Mbps

Advertisement