Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting Firefox as default in OS X

• 16-10-2005 11:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,727 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    I'm running OS X10.4 (Tiger) on an iBook, but I want to set Firefox as default browser (not Safari).
    Can anyone give me a quick tip-list on how to do this?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 707 ✭✭✭deevey

belive it or not .....

Open safari prefs and there is a dropdown to set the default browser. Its the first option under general..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,727 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Crafty Apple! That's a pretty convulted place to keep that setting...

Well, thanks deevey.
    Now, would you or any other boardsies know how I can set VLC and not Quicktime as default media player?

*edit*: just found this in the readme (after VLC started screwing up...)
    If you prefer you can change this by selecting your file and choosing "Get Info" from the "File" menu of the Finder. In the "Open With" section you can select VLC and if you check the checkbox, then all files of the type you have selected will be opened in VLC media player if you double-click them from that moment on.

Advertisement