Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

alternatives to winamp?

Options
  • 16-09-2001 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭

on my win2k laptop, winamp doesn't work properly and even when i close it its using 50% of my CPU or more at times and i have to ctrl alt delete and end processes

so what are the best alternatives? all i want is something simple - no advertising and no use of internet if possible (no spyware or sharing or browsers and that stuff if poss). and good quality

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Sonique and CoolPlayer. Although the latter is almost dead at this stage, it's a good lightweight player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Take a gander at Kjofl, some beautiful skins available and has a groovy pitch control for changing the speed of playback, lack of visualization plugins means I dont use it, no way am I giving up Geiss or Milkdrop :)

Anyway http://www.kjofol.org should be your one and only stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

On the subject of WinAmp are there any plugins out there that can display the lyrics of songs as they play ? Like a karaoke plugin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭fuse

http://www.purelyrics.com/plugin/

displays lyrics to most songs, doesn't scroll them, just showa the whole song.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Cheers Fuse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 HooLiHoo

creative playcenter 2

it lets you browse your files really easily and stuff...
    lets you create your own mp3's too!

either that or music match dukebox.

HooLiHoo

Advertisement