Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rewiring House

Options
  • 18-10-2005 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

My house is approx 20 years old and the wiring is not up to modern standards. I would like to have it totally rewired for safety and peace of mind. It is a 4 bedroom bungalow with an attic conversion done about 5 years ago. The wiring for the conversion is probably ok.
    My question is would anybody have a rough estimate about the cost of the rewiring and who could I contact in the Limerick/South Clare area to do this job.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭dools

We got a 3 bed semi in North Dublin re-wired about 4 months ago - loads of new sockets,phone points,wired for alarm, etc and it cost €4.5k

HTH

Dools

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭patrickolee

Getting quotes for a 2 bed in dublin... ranged from just shy of 6000 to 3500. Some will chase some won't, some will fill in the holes after some won't. So I guess it depends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

Ours last year cost €7.2k inc vat for a 4 bed in South Dublin.
    Included chasing and numerous extras suchs as fans in Bathrooms, front and rear floodlights, wiring up the shed and extra wiring in kitchen underfloor for future extension.

Advertisement