Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick reply doesn't work (FireFox)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Scratch that, it's working now.

Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Seems to be weird vBulletin 3.0 -> 3.5 upgrade thing, I've seen it on other sites as well. It always seems to mysteriously resolve itself. Probably a cache thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Stark wrote:
    Seems to be weird vBulletin 3.0 -> 3.5 upgrade thing, I've seen it on other sites as well. It always seems to mysteriously resolve itself. Probably a cache thing.
    Aye, that sounds like the most probable cause. vB 3.0 and 3.5 probably use the same name for the vbulletin_quick_reply.js file, but changes have been to it and vB in the upgrade, so anyone using the cached version of vbulletin_quick_reply.js will receive javascript problems until they refresh it.

Good thinking Batman!

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

A minor (and vaguely related) niggle: the Quick Reply section of the page doesn't have the wee button to shrink it out of the way. I generally keep it collapsed until a Quick Reply button makes it visible.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

It's because the vB3 javascripts have been cached by your browser. Hit CTRL+F5 if you're having this problem.

As a rule, if you have any problems with vB3.5 you should do the following, in this order:

1. Hit CTRL+F5 to hard refresh cached content.
    2. Clear your cache. Google "clear cache" for instructions for your browser.
    3. Clear your cookies. Ditto above.

Thank christ for the upgrade. I've been running 3.5 on my sites for a couple weeks and posting here without the AJAX stuff was becoming a right pain in the hole.

adam

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

nice, ctrl + F5 fixed it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

yea cheers, ctrl + F5 did the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

then it stopped working

edit: i lie, it works again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Yay! CTRL+F5 fixed it.
    Danke.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Super-quick reply, eh?
    I never understood why on boards.ie you had to click on the icon in someone else's post as opposed to just typing in this here box and hitting send.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement