Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues After Upgrade: Read First

Options
  • 18-10-2005 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭

OK, either I'm going blind or the Helpdesk link on the bar seems to have gone.
    Tried System-Help but that's the old help system and says to use Helpdesk tickets but there's no link.

Did helpdesk get lost in the upgrade ??

Also, were all messages from yesterday before the upgrade wiped as I cant find 2 threads that I started.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Also, were all messages from yesterday before the upgrade wiped as I cant find 2 threads that I started.

I'm the same.

I just reposted the tread. Is this ok or will my tread appear twice some where?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Somebody get this man an announcement stat!

What do you mean its already there...

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

OK, I've altered the thread title, hopefully we can keep this all in one thread.

Everything that was done yesterday (17th October) after 3.15am (ish) is gone. Bye bye. The Database needed to be restored from the backup performed at 3.15am(ish) on the 17th, so everything done after that backup is gone and is no more. This includes threads, replies, PMs, profile, password and signature changes - EVERYTHING.

Certain features are missing at the moment, as some custom changes need to be made to vBulletin to add these back in.

Check the Upgrade Forum to see what issues are outstanding, or to report something which doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Firstly - YEA! it's back! :D

Secondly -

- frontpage is borked, yea? Haven't seen anyone else mention it but it's.. well.. compleatly borked.

- quick reply still doesn't work for me (others are saying it got fixed.. using Firefox in Linux / KDE here)
    (edit: got my answers here.)

- none of the buttons on top of this edit box are doing anything for me (bold, insert link, align, etc.)
    (edit: working now. probably the same problem as above : cache etc.)

- doesn't actually seem any faster. in fact, slower if anything :( ...this _could_ be an issue on my end though, been having some net problems today. How is it for others?

+ search is back - nice one!

All in all, looks like the admins had a late night last night. Much appreciated and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

The portals on the homepage aren't working too.

Example: http://www.boards.ie/afterhours

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

This post has been deleted.

Same here,takes 20 secs + to change forums

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Search is back \:D/

Running much more soothly for me, link takes a second or two to load new page, but can still move around while waiting, and page change is instant (instead of old half loads, and then you cant scroll down, waiting for rest of page to load.)

Fair play to you guys...I'm sure a lot of cups of cofee were had. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I'm sure the admins know all about these problems, and fair ****s to them for spending the time on this upgrade, thanks. All will be sorted in due time I would imagine.

I also want to say kudos and thanks to the adjusters of the modcp/post queue interface, we can actually see posts and threads in a large text box area now, well needed. And there's a few other cool worky things that seem groovy, looking forward to using them too. Fair play to yez.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Biki is AWOL...

Fatal error: Call to undefined function session_set_cookie_params() in /usr/local/www/www.boards.ie/wiki/includes/User.php on line 350

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Shouldn't all these really be posted on the Upgrade forum?

Side note... that's forum number 601 ... wow, how we have grown...

Gordon wrote:
    I also want to say kudos and thanks to the adjusters of the modcp/post queue interface, we can actually see posts and threads in a large text box area now, well needed. And there's a few other cool worky things that seem groovy, looking forward to using them too. Fair play to yez.
    Have you not seem them in the list? There's not even any need to go into the modcp to look at the queue anymore :)

What list?!

Gordon wrote:
    What list?!
    When you open any forum or thread list that you mod, you'll see threads marked "Moderated:" which means that they're awaiting your approval, and normal users can't see them.

Also, when a unreg user posts in an existing thread, it says "1 Moderated Post(s)" beside the thread title to let you know it's there (there's an e.g. in PI right now). Super-duper handy.

Wow, that's FANGLETASTIC!

Advertisement