Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

possible to open 3dsmax 7 in 3dsmax6?

Options
  • 18-10-2005 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭

Is there any way of saving a 3dsmax 7 file so's i can open it using six?
    I did an assignment for college at a friends house in 7 but I'm guessing I'm going to have to show my teacher the file and not just the avi and we only have 6 in college!
    Would merge work?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

You need to export to .3ds format then import into Max 6.

Bones etc will be lost by the way as they will be read in as geometry.

Also the mesh will be split along the lines of the UVW so you will have to weld the vertices (tolerance of .001 normally works okay) along these on the mesh.

Pain in the arse really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

Cool thanks, I'll give that a try

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Im not to sure about this but AutoCAD ( a sister product) allows you to set the version you save to, max may have a similar feature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭marktsang

try bobo's file format.. its a maxscript that you can use to open scenes (it turns them to maxscript and then rebuilds them) in earlier versions of max, it preserves most modifiers and heirachies but some can be lost or distorted...
    you can find it on www.scriptspot.com with a quick search..
    if you cannot work it gimme a shout on msn i will pm you my handle

mark

Advertisement