Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6230i from O2

• 18-10-2005 3:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Was wondering if anyone had an info on the above? I recently investigated changing from bill pay with Vodafone to bill pay with O2 and I was planning on getting the above phone (€29 if you take out a years contract) and until the last few days its been listed on O2's site but now isn't (as far as I can see, although I could be just going a lil' crazy). Does anyone know if they are planning to bring it back or to offer some new phones in the near future? To be honest I'd like to make this change but its not really essential - Im in Spain for a year but want to keep my Irish number (and im not interested in a Spanish one) and Vodafone say I entitled to an upgrade in March (5 months away) so I thought that instead of giving vodafone my €30 a month (make hardly any calls) I'd make the switch to O2 and get a nice shiny, decent camera phone in the process! (This is what I really want, a decent camera phone). Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any advice . . . :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

they still do the 6230i. possibly not on the internet but you;d still get it in a shop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

Get one in Carphone Warehouse they are from €29 there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭cianr

Commander Vimes, jrey - thanks for your responses. As I mentioned Im in Spain at the moment but ill be back in the Fair City in about 3 weeks so Ill pick one up then! Thanks for the info! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

it is online, it is the best seller
    https://shop.o2.ie/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1407&cPath=46&osCsid=fadc6b3001e17a26690879d42dc03de6

what is the story with them? the lowest I see is €35 a month and €29 for the phone so is that €449 for the year, then you cancel and keep the phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭cianr

Thanks for the info Rubadub - dont know how I missed it! For some reason the O2 site won't load for me so I cant have another look.

The phone is €29 and the lowest mothly option (to the best of my recollection) is €30. This makes financial sense to me since Im already paying Vodafone this amount. You have to sign a 12 year contract and if you leave before then you will have to pay a fee(probably equal to €30 for each month left in the contract, but im not sure).

• Advertisement
Advertisement