Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Drove Car into Concrete Pillar

Options
  • 18-10-2005 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

I did something really really stupid yesterday evening. I'm a learner driver I've had about 8 lessons. Tonight I decided to practice clutch control on my car ( 1st time to attempt to drive my own car!). It's parked in an underground car park and I decided to move from one space to another. Reversed fine and as I was moving into another space I went straight into a concrete pillar. The front left light glass is smashed and the bonnet dented and a bit cracked on the left hand side.

Sorry about the long winded explanation above but I'm so annoyed with myself. Question is basically is this going to be a very expensive lesson? Also can anyone recommend a reliable mechanic in the D15 area?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Shouldn't be too bad. If you only tapped it, you probably just need a new light and the bonnet/wing to be tapped out. Cost will be in the hundreds of euro, but not bank breaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

What car are u driving?you may be able to pick the same colour parts up for it from a scrap yard and change them yourself instead of paying big bucks on a repair

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭smree

driving a fiat punto. To be honest I wouldn't have a clue how to replace parts. Better off bringing it to a mechanic otherwise I'd more than likely do more damage!!

Can anyone recommend a garage in D 15 area?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

should be dead easy to change the lights on a punto, and should be cheap to get one from a scrap yard, Traynors perhaps. (Traynors : 04838891242),
    Pop it in. Or even, just get the part, and call to any local small garage, and ask them to pop it in for you, won't cost a much more than 30e labour.

For damage to the paint and bonnet, try car craft in Ballybough (www.carcraft.ie), they did amazing work on mine, cant even tell where it got whacked. Just call up and arrange a time for Justin to look at it, he'll give u a quote if they can fix it.

And a suggestion for parking, borrow cones, and head to a shopping center car park or the likes and use the cones as practice pillars and cars, much safer than doing it for real in small under ground car park

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭smree

THanks for that. A couple of people have recommended carcraft.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Bring it to the garage beside the Garda station...they are dealers for Fiat.....price them for repairs....then you will at least have an idea....if the price for repairs is anything like they price there petrol(one of the most expensive in ireland) then dont get them to repair......but at least you will have a start price!!!

Advertisement