Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air raid siren in Swords ?

Options
  • 18-10-2005 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭

Just now (5:45pm, Tues 18th Oct) there's a really loud siren going that sounds like an air raid siren in Swords.

Anyone any idea what it is ?

Is one of the chemical factories about to blow ?

I'm scared ! ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Did you find out what it was? Did they get Sellafield? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I used to get really scared of these..coz I thought it was the Nazis coming back!!

I think its just fire drills they have down in Swibbs or one of the factories down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭coolhandluke

Roadstone always used to sound a siren before they blasted in the quarry,are you near kinsealy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

I'm up near applewood, but I guess the sound could travel that far yes.

Interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭horseflesh

Roadstone always used to sound a siren before they blasted in the quarry,are you near kinsealy ?

Sometimes we can feel the floor shake......

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

When I was working in the council for a summer job it really freaked me out because it sounded like the siren you hear before each time you go to the dark world in Silent Hill. Did my work placement in Bristol Myers Squibb and found out it was just the fire alarm for drills and fires.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

perhaps it was a real fire or a bomb detonation drill?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Larianne wrote:
    I used to get really scared of these..coz I thought it was the Nazis coming back!!

I think its just fire drills they have down in Swibbs or one of the factories down there.

Surely you mean Squibbs

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭the boss of me

yeah hopefully someone will nuke the ****hole

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

yeah hopefully someone will nuke the ****hole

mmm yeah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It could be the fire station (part-time).

Advertisement