Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 prepaid problems

• 18-10-2005 5:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭

On Friday I bought €20 of credit for my 086 phone at my local BOI cash machine, 5 days later the credit has not been applied,
    I contacted BOI who directed me to O2 customer services at 1850 601747,
    O2 asked me to e-mail details of my receipt, If you ring this number now all you get is a pre-recorded message saying that they are experiencing some difficulties with their pre-paid system,
    I am out of credit, I cannot buy more, anybody else had this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

Have had similar problems where it took 5 hours for the credit to reach my phone after I topped up with an ATM machine .... never again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭Bebop

5 hours sounds about right for O2...
    5 days is a bit much if you are out of credit, I would buy some more but it sounds like the prepaid system has gone down, cutting off the customer services helpline makes it look like they are pulling down the shutters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Just checked my credit now and got this
    "Due to technical difficulties, o2 customers are currently unable to use voucher top up. apologies for any inconvenience caused."

Must be a major glitch in the system

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

Bebop wrote:
    5 hours sounds about right for O2...

Try text top-up. I'm using it with O2 and have never waited more than a couple of minutes for the credit to hit the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Me mam had that problem and had a hard time getting the credit out of them. She topped up by 20 euro and gave out to them that it hadnt been applied yet, they said that they would give her an extra 10 euro as compensation until the rest had been applied. She noticed that 10 was put in one day and then 10 the next, so she had her 20 euro back but why yer one said an extra 10 euro was being applied was a lot of bull

• Advertisement
Advertisement