Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

scar tissue

Options
  • 18-10-2005 6:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭

i was just wondering does anyone know if its possible to get a tattoo over a scarred area. im not saying that i want to do that but im just curious.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Perfectly possible and presents no problems afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭phil15

even big horrible bulgy scars? i was arguing with my friend bout this and i just wanna finally find out. lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

It is possible, but it is not easy to get the ink to stay in and you would need to go to an artist who was comfortable doing it.

thanks for the info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

The big horrible bulgy scars that you refer to are called keloids by the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

I dunno about bulgy scars but a lot of people do get tattoos to cover up scars. Might hurt that little bit more but its very do-able

i never knew there was a word for a certain type of scars, but hey, theres a word for everything these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭JoeKelly

Keloid-A red, raised formation of fibrous scar tissue caused by excessive tissue repair in response to trauma or surgical incision. (curtousy of dictionary.com)

Advertisement