Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ok folks, parking ticket question!

Options
  • 18-10-2005 6:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

in the grand city of cork (where else) i got a ticket on my car, double parking. so the problem is the number on the ticket is the northern rego , the car is actually transferred to southern plates, but i havent got around to putting them on yet (tut tut i know).

so can i get away with this or do i have to pay? i mean they can track down the northern number?

its just 18euro or something, but im wondering...........

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I wouldnt bother paying unless they find you again. You teenagers often take tickets off cars and you don't know until you get a second one by mail. I'd leave it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

right, so if i dont get a letter in the post forget it.

i have noticed noone bats an eye lid at the car with 'yellow' uk plates, i mean when im parked and stuff. i wish i could leave these on.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

right, so if i dont get a letter in the post forget it.

i have noticed noone bats an eye lid at the car with 'yellow' uk plates, i mean when im parked and stuff. i wish i could leave these on.:D
    Mr Customs officer with his car transporter will pay loads of interest!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

if you really have paid the VRT, you know all too well that your northern reg has been recorded on the car registration system, along with your new southern reg, and your name and address.

i doubt if they'll follow up on it though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭69 mustang

Your given 3 days to change your plates bye law its on your form.
    Put ticket in things to do some time file.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭celica140bhp

out of curiosity how much is the fine for?
    I've only ever got two in Cork - one for was for motorbike being parked in a taxi rank (on Cristmas eve) and the only for my car being (partly) on a bus stop (on a Sunday night after 10:30 when the buses didn't even use that stop). Both were a while back and I think were only 12/15 quid - I'm talking Punts not Euro.

Advertisement