Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Architecture

Options
  • 18-10-2005 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭

Ok, so someone told me today that Architecture students have longer hours than Med students. Is this true? I've heard it's pretty much 9-5 every day, and you have to complete your project work outside that time. Since I plan on actually enjoying college, I don't really like the sound of that.

Also, I've heard various reports on being able to study for a year in the US. Does every year have the chance, or does the opportunity only pop up once in a while?

Thirdly, someone else told me you can move around the colleges in Ireland, ie. study your first three years at UCD, then move to DIT or UL for the last 2 or something. Is this true?

So, sorry to bombard you with questions, but I've a few things I'd like to know

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

Would't surprise me about Architecture - Elec Eng used to be pretty much 9-7 most days.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Barbes

Funkstard wrote:
    Ok, so someone told me today that Architecture students have longer hours than Med students. Is this true? I've heard it's pretty much 9-5 every day, and you have to complete your project work outside that time.

Architecture students are a bit of a breed apart in UCD, they're quite isolated over there in Richview. Might be a good idea to post this query on the archeire board.

I think the UCD open days are in early December, you should head along there if you can.
    Funkstard wrote:
    Thirdly, someone else told me you can move around the colleges in Ireland, ie. study your first three years at UCD, then move to DIT or UL for the last 2 or something. Is this true?

Hmmm, dunno about that. After three years in UCD you get your BSc, then after five you are awarded the BArch. So maybe if you wanted you could leave after third year and do a master's somewhere else.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Elec Eng still is 9-7 most days! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

Yeah but I'm not there anymore, thank Jeebus :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

I kind of noticed that, the Architecture place is way out of the way. Thats a bit of a pain in the bollocks, but it doesn't matter.

Could someone studying Arch. give me some infowinfo?

• Advertisement
Advertisement