Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using Blackberry APN for free web access

• 18-10-2005 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭

Hi,

ANyone thought of using the Blackberry APN for free GPRS access on your mobile?

Don't ask me how it's after coming around but I don't pay any rental for using a BB on my account yet I still have access to the BB APN.

I remember when I had a BB 7100 that I could browse the web on that for the inclusive charge - it wasn't billed but any one have any joy configuring the service on the likes of a 6230?

Darragh

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

I presume it wouldnt work as it sees it is not a blackberry device connecting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭darraghrogan

I know what you're saying but so far, when I configure blackberry.net as APN, it connects but can't view anything. I suspect I may be missing the Proxy details. Essentially, I think thats all that different from a Blackberry - it has the proxy details contained in the servicebook.

If anyone has a BB they'd like to read the IP addresses etc from it would be great - web browsing on my mobile costs a fortune!

Darragh

Advertisement