Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homebrew Messes up psp?

• 18-10-2005 8:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭

I heard that supposedly after a while of running homebrew your psp's flash memory will get ruined and just won't work.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

That's what they want you to think! Although there's one virus-y yoke going around that I know of, make sure you know what you're doing before you start downgrading or using homebrew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

There is a second virus now..It is on the frontpage of www.psp-spot.com
    today..
    I'm only going to download stuff from a few select sites now..

Hakko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

qz wrote:
    That's what they want you to think! Although there's one virus-y yoke going around that I know of, make sure you know what you're doing before you start downgrading or using homebrew.
    Thanks and i downgraded and everythings working grand thank god for that

Also you should get psafep, there's a new version just out now..
    You should scan all your eboot files(programs) with it beofre running them on your psp..because if you brick your psp there's no going back at the moment anyway..
    So be warned..
    After that I wish you the best of luck in running homebrew..

Hakko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

i have heard the downgrader causes problems with your wi-fi capabilites if you atempt to reupgrade to 2.0.not sure how legit that is though.

• Advertisement

prob bull¬
    Shi*e

Hakko

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

dimerocks wrote:
    i have heard the downgrader causes problems with your wi-fi capabilites if you atempt to reupgrade to 2.0.not sure how legit that is though.
    I was wondering what the problem was.

I think I can confirm this :/ My wifi is pretty bolloxed since reupgrading to 2.0.

In what way, just curious?

In what way, just curious?
    I get DHCP errors when trying to connect to hotspots in college, but only SOME hotspots. I've only one at home, no errors on that.

Now it could be a problem with the hotspots in college but I think in light of this info it's unlikely.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

I wouldn't call a random rumour "info".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

ill look into a source for that rumour but its a friend of mine who told me who would know a fair amount so ill see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

had problems connecting to college hotspots before i downgraded (worked fine with wifi at home though)...

don't plan on upgrading, and the wifi is pretty useless anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

same here had 2.0 on mine for testing the wifi didn't think much of it - downgraded back to 1.50 defo not upgrading unless something good convinces me to do so.

Heh, I don't even use the damn thing for playing games :)

I was for a while, but, lost interest. I use it for watching films, checking my mail etc. Single player games don't hold my interest long (lest it be FF7 or something).

Multiplayer Virtual Tennis is great craic.

Advertisement