Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMS System Simulator

Options
  • 18-10-2005 8:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭

Hi Everyone, any help with this is greatly appreciated!

As of last week I've got a large project to work on which involves - eventually - manipulating SMS messages; including a rudimentary SMS spam filter.

But here's the problem...
    I'd preferably like to do all of this for free,i.e. not spend 100's on messages to Vodafone and back, and also, the software itself will need to be server-side anyway, at the SMS Centre.

Does anyone know where I'd even start putting together something like this, or even if it's feasible?

Thanks a million in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

It is possible. What limitations do you have? Is this a college project?
    the software itself will need to be server-side anyway, at the SMS Centre.

Are you looking for information on using SS7/C7, MAP Applications, JAIN to create routing and test suite. Or do you know all this stuff and are lookng for specific hardware recomendations.

Rereading it sounds like a college project and I think you'll be hard pressed to do carrier level applications with no budget. So were you looking at just sitting on or in front of the Carriers web server and working with the carrier specific (ish) web service interface, like a web proxy server.

Advertisement