Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fiat Punto owners help please!

Options
  • 18-10-2005 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

I just got a 03 punto. Theres what appears to be 4 separate headlamps on the front of the car, the thing is the outer 2 (which look slightly different to the inner ones) never come on. Are these fog lights or what? Thanks guys.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭69 mustang

Ah the amazing world of Italian wiring just kidding the best before date on a fiat is 5 years
    But to your question did you turn your lights to park then with the engine running push the button that looks like your rear fog lights but the lines point down?

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭kazzer

No mustang, theres no button for this, only one for the rear fog light. Any ideas? Thanks for your reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭69 mustang

Did you check for wires or even bulbs for that matter they could be optional on yours as I replaced those bulbs on my mates one some time ago and nearly sure they are front fogs his was a sporting.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Sounds to me like these may be the high beam lights you are seeing as I think the Punto would have fog lights built into the lower part of the bumper rather than integrated into the main light cluster.

Try looking on the indicator and windscreen wiper stalks on the steering wheel if the front lights switch is located there.

Usually when you put on your normal lights and then push the stalk forward towards the dash the main headlights come on and a little blue light comes on the dash to tell you so.

Some car makers do it differently and have a switch/knob for the lights on the dashboard close to the driver's door rather than on the steering wheel stalk. Don't know what way Fiat have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

twin beams?
    1 High Beam section
    1 Parked and Dipped lights section
    on each side.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

kazzer wrote:
    I just got a 03 punto. Theres what appears to be 4 separate headlamps on the front of the car, the thing is the outer 2 (which look slightly different to the inner ones) never come on. Are these fog lights or what? Thanks guys.

I'd say they are fog lamps, but based on teh rental I had, the swithc is hidden within another switch, so if a switch appears to rotate pull and push it, or if it appears like push/pull operate it, try rotating.
    I think I discovered the secret teh day before I returned it after having it 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

its fogs or main beams (for the darker roads). I think its push forward in a punto for them to go on, and in turn knocks off the regular night lights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭freewing

the additional light fittings are blank because the model you drive didnt come with front fogs but you still have a blank button on the dash so you may be able to have fogs fitted to your bumper and hard wired to the dash

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭kazzer

Thanks guys.
    the additional light fittings are blank because the model you drive didnt come with front fogs but you still have a blank button on the dash so you may be able to have fogs fitted to your bumper and hard wired to the dash

Yeah this sounds right, thees a blank button. It looks stupid with just two headlamps.

Advertisement