Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thierry Henry 186

• 18-10-2005 9:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭

So Thierry Henry is now Arsenal's greatest ever goal scorer. This is the thread for Arsenal fans to discuss the man who is probably the club's greatest ever player... and for other fans to lament why they didn't just take a chance on an overpriced, out of sorts French youngster 6 years ago.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

186? Not much of a 'record' is it? A little embaressing for Arsenal supporters I'd guess....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Dr. Nick wrote:
    186? Not much of a 'record' is it? A little embaressing for Arsenal supporters I'd guess....

And I suppose you have scored more.....god there some about jealous little boys on this forum.

Ill save my apprecation post till later

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Another one-handed clap for whoever sponsored Dr Nick!

There's not much left to be said about Henry at this stage. £11m extraordinarily well spent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Okay 186 is nowhere near say Roger Hunts Liverpool tally but hey its still a record, Ian Wright held the previous total I think.

For a winger the boy done good! :D

Mike.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Well done Henry, how is scoring 186 embarrasing may I ask?

He could double that record if he stays with them, a cocky git but a genuis at the end of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

one word- LEGEND

and that goal tonight, jaw droppingly good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

Thierry Henry ....pure quality.
    Guy has an amazing touch, witness the french goal v Ireland. One moment of brilliance and France have all three points. Plus both the goals in the Champions League tonight(this from a guy whos just back from injury)

Va Va voom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I think Goal no. 185 was one of the best he has ever scored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Yeah 185 one of his best

Rest did him good and we should throw money at him to keep him at Arsenal for the rest of his and my life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i read on a the bbc website i think that arsenal are going to go over £100,000 per week to keep him there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

anyone got a link to the goal??

world class player, im extremely jealous. id love to see him in a united shirt, so would my girlfriend but for very different reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Mossy Monk wrote:
    i read on a the bbc website i think that arsenal are going to go over £100,000 per week to keep him there

To be honest I don't think it's the money that Henry wants, he wants success. We'd be better off spending that money on some new world class players, I'd say that would convince Henry to stay more than just giving him a pay rise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

The arse paid £11m for Henry 6 years ago when he wasn't even getting in the Juventus team!!? :eek:

If Juventus were going to charge that much for him, they must have know how good he was (potentialy), so what idiot decided to let him go??

And what genius had the foresight to see his potential and take such a risk?? (unproven and 11mill..which was a lot more money pre-chelski).

One of, if not the greatest striker to ever play in the premiership...pure class. Has gotten very arrogant over the last few years though...but then again, He's French.

I'll never forgive him for his brilliance in Lansdonwe road though. :(

DubGuy wrote:
    One of, if not the greatest striker to ever play in the premiership...pure class. Has gotten very arrogant over the last few years though...but then again, He's French.

I'll never forgive him for his brilliance in Lansdonwe road though. :(

Arrogant?

Em.... no He's not exactly flashing his wealth everywhere and he comes across as a fairly decent guy tbh

But I'll agree to your point about Lansdowne :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

yop wrote:
    Well done Henry, how is scoring 186 embarrasing may I ask?

He could double that record if he stays with them, a cocky git but a genuis at the end of it

Little to do with the brilliance of Henry and more to do with the fact that Aresenal strikers have historically been of a lesser quality than those of their adversaries, e.g. Ian Rush - 346.
    Maybe they don't stay around long enough.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

MrJoeSoap wrote:

thanks,

thats a fantastic goal, imo he has scored better but a great goal and performance for a guy just returning from injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

I was in Highbury watching on a big screen when he broke his duct away against SouthHampton. what a player. The man is a genius. Hes 28 at his peak. Wasnt rush 56 when he scored his last goal for liverpool :) lol!
    Arsene took a gamble with him, 11 million was big money back then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

tred wrote:
    when he broke his duct

Ouch, that must've hurt!!!

The guy's a legend tbh. Pity he's an Arsenal player.

B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭tel922001

im a liverpool fan, and what i seen henry do last nite was pure class, 186 , isnt alot of goals for a club record , but henry has plenty more in him another 50-60 goals on top of that over the next few seasons would easily put him up there with the best of all time over english clubs , that goal with the outside of his foot curling it into the bottom corner, just shows his confidence is oozing out of him, class

• Advertisement
Advertisement