Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What the hell is this?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Grr Eire. I hate that. I hate that back on the mainland they call call their Colony Eire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Forgot to mention the date on the article - 18th October 1998

Do you see that? NINETEEN NINETY >EIGHT<!!!

A certain little four-letter word keeps springing to mind whenever I read this forum.

*grinds teeth*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Mary o Rurke, like us, notes that, without unmetered access, European countries will not be able to sustain e-commerce or effective educational use of the Internet

We should shove this back in her face and tell her that 3 years have gone past and we are no more advanced then 1998....
    Why the hell was the national telecoms given over to a private company ??

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭infomat

Originally posted by yellum
    Grr Eire. I hate that. I hate that back on the mainland they call call their Colony Eire.

So do I. Many years ago (1979) I worked for an American Multinational and we were not permitted to say "Made In Ireland" on goods shipped to the UK because it was claimed by UK Officials that this could imply that they were made in N.Ireland so we were told the we had to say "Made In Eire" (which makes no sense as it involves two different languages) but if we did this most people throughout the World would not be aware of the existence of a place known as Eire and might not purchase our products. So we printed "Made In The Republic Of Ireland" on all our products

• Advertisement
Advertisement