Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Ghost Convention

Options
  • 19-10-2005 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

Hi,
    If you are interested in ghosts, spirits and angels, check out the following.

The
    WORLD GHOST CONVENTION

Cork City Gaol
    Sunday’s Well, Cork, Ireland.
    Friday, October 28th @ 8 p.m.
    Tel: (021) 4305022 Email: corkgaol@indigo.ie

Admission: 20 Euro
    Senior Citizen / Student Concessions 15 Euro (Student I.D.Required)

Officially launched by the Right Honourable Lord Mayor of Cork, Cllr. Deirdre Clune.

The magnificent 19th century Cork City Gaol is a splendid atmospheric setting for this intriguing Ghost Convention as it has its own resident ghosts which have been seen by members of the audience and speakers since the first Ghost Convention was established in 2001.

Reported sightings of Ghosts and Spirits are only the tip of the iceberg as many people are afraid, ashamed, and embarrassed to come forward for fear of not being taken seriously. It was for this reason that this unique International Ghost Convention was established to give people a voice to express their views on the paranormal by giving them a platform to share their experiences with like-minded Ghost and Spirit enthusiasts.

Our panel of guest speakers for this years Ghost Convention will explore a colourful assortment of supernatural topics. These speakers, some of whom work in the field of the paranormal, will also share their own personal experience.

Panel of guest speakers for this years World Ghost Convention:

Helen Barrett, the White Witch of the Isles.
    Internationally renowned for her psychic abilities, Helen will reveal the secret of the Holy Grail and display a unique photograph showing the Ghost of the holder of the Holy Grail – The Knight Shield of Honour.

Dr. Margaret Humphreys, Folklore and Ethnology Department University College Cork.
    In the lecture titled ‘Encounters with the Paranormal’ Dr. Humphreys will present an analysis of ghostly tales which reveals distinctive themes and patterns of behaviour that suggest that many ghosts return to the human world with a distinctive mission in mind.

Jenny Butler, Folklore and Ethnology Department, University College Cork.
    An overview of some of the theories on the possible existence of ghost will be presented by Jenny as well as contemporary first hand accounts from people who claim to have seen ghosts. The nature of such eyewitness accounts will be examined as well as the methods for contacting ghosts.

Mel Lloyd, Arch Druid and the Founder of the internationally renowned Hibernian Order of Druids.
    Mel will speak about his own personal experience of his sightings of entities and how to communicate with them.

Tony Fitzpatrick, internationally renowned Energy Healer and Spiritual Counsellor.
    Tony will paint a fascinating picture of his own personal experience of seeing spirits and his encounter with angels and how they transformed his life.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Tabloid TV has a lot to answer for.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Well holy god...

this intrigues me, not to the extent of believing, but to the extent that people will pay E20 for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

dudara wrote:
    Well holy god...

this intrigues me, not to the extent of believing, but to the extent that people will pay E20 for it

:o If I was in Cork I probably would have considered going to that....might have been interesting....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

:( Misread title as Ghost World Convention

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

simu wrote:
    :( Misread title as Ghost World Convention

*shudder*.....worst film ever!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

sound_wave wrote:
    *shudder*.....worst film ever!

???

Well, the comic is much better...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 complex

i hope this dosent mean the 'old womens prison' (as its locally known) is haunted , i live nearby & pass late at night alone a lot (eek)

Advertisement