Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the best Final Fantasy of them all????

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭ec18

torrent ff vii easiest way

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

VIII Ftw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Spyral

everyone says seven coza it was the "first" one they played. Play 4. its uber. plus 7 is pretty much a rip off of it anyway.

7 is more evocative and more dramatic

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

7 without a doubt is the best in the final fantasy series,and sephiroth is the best villian ever :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

7 without a doubt is the best in the final fantasy series,and sephiroth is the best villian ever :D

Can't understand why so many people think this. He looked cool but was very shallow. Go play FFVI, Suikoden 2 or System Shock for some vastly superior bad guys.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

not only did he look cool,but he looked real sinister too!suikoden 2 never came out over in ireland i dont think :( neither did 1 or 3 for that matter :( i heard there good rpgs though :D in actual ireland has missed out a on a load of good rpgs :( that were only realeased in america and japan.But back on topic.....ya ff7 is the best out of all of em!i playing ff12 at the moment,well i stopped for a while and am gonna get back into it tonight maybe :D Then i have shadowhearts covenant and shadowheart new world to play :).oh and ff8 was kinda boring i stopped playing it half way through it,gonna give another go though someday,ff9 was a good game,really enjoyed that,ff10 was just annoying,that sphere grid was a load of bollox,i mean fair duce to them for trying sumthing new,but i just couldnt get my head round it:confused: haha im probbly gonna cursed at for saying that :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

haha im probbly gonna cursed at for saying that

Not quite, VIII was a pretty shocking game and the sphere grid was an absolutely woeful idea.

glad someone agrees with :):D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Suikoden 1 and 2 did come out in Ireland. The problem is they didn't sell very well and only got a limited release so it's impossible to find and a PAL copy goes for about 250 euros on ebay when they do pop up.

I didn't mind the sphere grid in FFX. It gave the characters a nice personality in their abilities. However I didn't go to stupid lengths to level up characters like crazy so don'T know how annoying it was later on.

I don't think it got annoying, my problem with it was that it allowed character X to have exactly the same abilities as character Y.

• Advertisement

When I played the game until the end it never got to that point with any character although I know it's possible. I suppose if you go for the pointless dark aeon fights it will make a difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

FF7 is the best hands down, I've never actually played any FF but the poll can't be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Juza1973

FF VIII has the best story, and the best final as said. FFXII has a very sad story (mean a very sad excuse for a story).

Juza1973 wrote:
    FF VIII has the best story, and the best final as said.

What! A bunch of absolute saps and jocks, mill about while dreadful bad guy after dreadful bad guy appears from the ether after the last one and then is defeated leading up to a final bad guy with nothing to do with the main story and appears yet again for no reason. Don't get me started on the pathetic love story and the idiotic scene when the bunch of saps realise they knew each other since birth but just happened to forget because of their GFs or whatever.

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Don't get me started on the pathetic love story and the idiotic scene when the bunch of saps realise they knew each other since birth but just happened to forget because of their GFs or whatever.

Also referred to as the worst plot hole in the history of storytelling. The Resident Evil series included. The only good thing about that game was the card part and even that fucked itself up with silly rules halfway through the game.

For all it's annoying characters, pathetic combat and stupid storyline I dis get quite a bit of enjoyment out of FFVIII so don't hate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

grimloch wrote:
    The only good thing about that game was the card part and even that fucked itself up with silly rules halfway through the game.

Still much better than the stupid card game in IX which didn't actually seem to have any rules

Retr0gamer wrote:
    For all it's annoying characters, pathetic combat and stupid storyline I dis get quite a bit of enjoyment out of FFVIII so don't hate it.

That game was such a chore for me, I'm pretty sure I had my work face on the entire time.

Was a chore for me at the start as well. You just kept summoning GFs which took ages with their stupid unskippable attack animations. Then I finally found out how to navigate the menus and worked out how the game worked and it became broken and an absolute doddle. However then physical attacks were the only attacks worth doing.

The menu system was just atrocious, it was so complicated for such a simple game. Really hated it and it was never really properly explained.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

FFIX for me,love the characters in that game more than those of VII,it's closest rival.

+1

I love the dialogue in that game too. And the moogles.

"RALLY KUPO!!"

• Advertisement

That bit made me laugh out loud as well :D

Advertisement