Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Like, What is the 360 launch lineup?

• 19-10-2005 8:30am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭

This is really pissing me off, 6 weeks to go and still no definite word on what titles are to ship with the machine, not even my mates, who should know, know.
    All that has been announced is a selection of EA titles, sports, Need4Speed etc, but not a lot else, there is a string of titles in the "launch window" for example, but that covers the period til christmas and shortly after apparently.

What I really need to know is when I go to buy 3 titles with the machine in a month or so, what will I have to choose from?

Anybody have any hard information on this, not just regurgitated Microsoft press releases, I mean the games must be being pressed by now, all finished and shiny and ready to grace my living room telly, someone must know!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

kameo is defo a launch title.

PGR3, PDZ, CoD2, GoW are in the Christmas window.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, I think your info is a tad stale mate as I know that Fifa, Need4Speed Most Wanted, Tiger Woods, NBA and Madden are all confirmed but the first party titles from MIcrosoft have yet to be given anything more firm than a Christmas sometime launch, this could mean launch day releases for PGR3, Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero but they could get pushed back.
    There simply seems to be a complete blackout on launch information, no mention yet of bundles in the shops either, and all this with not much time to go. It seems microsoft is content on dummy 360 boxes whipping up enough enthusiasm for the new system and leaving out the reason we will buy it in the first place, the games.
    Maybe when the demo machines hit the stores next month we will have a better idea of what we can/cannot buy on release day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭JacoStanley

Just back from training where we were told the launch only consisted of 4 titles, these being, PDZ, Dead or Alive, PGR3 and Kameo. They had an dev xbox 360 on display aswell and it looks lovely. A cool little feature which I hadnt' heard before is regarding it's vertical and horizontal position. As our demonstrater moved the console from it's vertical position to the horiz, the machine detected the movement and shut down the fans for the vertical and switched on the fans for the horizontal. Cool!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

A miserable 4 games at launch?
    What a pain in the ass!
    Well I wouldn't touch Kameo with a barge pole and Dead or Alive never lit my flame so PGR3 and PDZ it is, still though, its a bit mad, no?
    Kinda reminds me of the N64 launch, for those of you too young to remember it had about 3, admittedly excellent, titles Mario64, Pilotwings and Rogue Squadron and we had to wait ages for anything else.
    Lets hope we don't get a repeat.

It's probably a good thing. After shelling out 410 euros for the console and 30 for the vga cable, I'd only be able to afford one game. PGR3 for me I reckons. Anyway, I'm sure the idea is not to blow their load on the launch and therefore have 2,3 or 4 games coming out per week right up to christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

they're holding the big guns for the ps3 launch. tbh with sony's marketing machine i don't see that strategy working...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

Get the Xbox360 MAG ISSUE 2 tomorrow in shops.Im heading down to get it in the morning so if nothings posted about it ill see if theres any info ;)

Tell us if the Dvd has anything new on it if you would please.

Advertisement