Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Searching for second hand cars in Ireland

Options
  • 19-10-2005 8:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,059 ✭✭✭✭

Looking at cars and ive been onto:

Carzone, autotrader, cbg and buy and sell

Are there any other websites worth looking at or forums?

I find all of the above except B&S to be overpriced, a mixture of dealers and private sellers imitating dealer prices :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

you've pretty much hit on most of the well known and well advertised places.

carzone was primarily a car dealers site full of their stock hence the pricing but nowadays have private adverts. listed also.

heres two more 'lesser' sites: www.motornet.ie & www.carsireland.ie

the only way to get the price down is to wait, and haggle. depending on the amount being spent I would never use the Broken & Stolen to buy a toaster, never mind a car :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Cyrus wrote:
    Looking at cars and ive been onto:

Carzone, autotrader, cbg and buy and sell

Are there any other websites worth looking at or forums?

I find all of the above except B&S to be overpriced, a mixture of dealers and private sellers imitating dealer prices :rolleyes:

Carzone and Autotrader are usually abit over the top for prices....Autotrader is only good really if looking for mod car or a UK import.....carzone is mostly dealers and you pay extra because you will have a warrenty/first service free....I usually take about a grand off carzone prices and this is what you will pay for in B&S.....only problem is you have no backup on B&S....last car I got I bought it thru carzone!!!

Advertisement