Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revs, Thursday

Options
  • 19-10-2005 8:54am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭

Anyone going to see the revs in the student bar? Looks like a good show to me, i'll be missing it unfortunately, not by choice. Just thought i'd let everyone know that if you're too broke for a ticket i heard that they're playing the Dundrum Shopping Centre at 6.30 on thursday before heading to UCD.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

It's not confirmed yet, but they may be playing another gig in the student centre on the 2nd november. So if you miss this one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Just brought my two tickets now in the student shop-the revs are a great band live-cant wait!oh my famous person story-My family own a b+b down in limerick and i was working there for the summer and the revs stayed there once and i served breakfast to them-how cool is that-was so excited i kinda burnt the toast though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Death to the revs tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭The Weatherman

Just won't be as good as Turn last week i'm afraid.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

that's true alright. one legend of a gig.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

One the subject of gigs kudos to Anto Kelly for bringing such caliber acts to UCD this year. He's doing a great job but I hope he's staying within budget!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

The turn gig was amazing...and republic of loose next thursday - anto's just spoiling us now! I can't wait for next thursday...republic of loose are the best Irish band out there. (well alongside turn... oh and the chalets too! :p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭PiZaRR-0

Death to the revs tbh

True that breadmonkey.

I think there crap arrogant idiots. Wooo buy our album! wooo we rock!

HADOUKEN!!!!!!!!
    K.O.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I'll defo be going to see republic of loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I hope the ReVs have changed their attitude. Before they disappeared off the face of the earth for two/three years (yeah, they were in Australia!) they were seriously sickening. They were great live when they put their heart into it, but the last time I saw them play was in the Student Bar and they were SO disinterested that it was a complete letdown. It was the friday of Fresher's week or something, I was a fresher, and I was all geared up to have some fun... until they pooed on fun.

Panda, won the Hotpress competition to spend 4 days in New York and see them play there. They were pretty good that night. Amanda Brunker was there too... nice enough in person, but I've seen better chests, it's not all it's made out to be. And the dude from Woodstar who looks like Bono. (Do they even exist anymore?)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Was pretty good i must admit!good atmosphere and bit of a laugh.Lots of people doing mad dancing infront of the stage.Actually it was so good that when i was jumping up and down dancing the button popped on my jeans-v.embarrasing and do you think anyone in the bar had a saftey pin on them?!ah well serves me right for buying crappy pennys jeans.Totally schmoozed afterwards to and went to the temple bar music centre and the revs were there-seemed like nice blokes.There were two really wicked support bands-one of them was from limerick-u see it really is the best county in Ireland.

Fantastic gig...

I hope the slowmos bought the album today. It's amazing.

Any word on the "other" Revs' gig in UCD? Oi'll be there. And what was on in TBMC afterwards?!

Any word on the "other" Revs' gig in UCD?

I can quote myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Classy! :D

They obviously didn't play it...hmph.

http://www.myspace.com/sver

Advertisement