Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chorus: Not quite ready, but the marketing train trundles on

Options
  • 17-09-2001 3:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

Directly quoted from http://www.chorus.ie/broadband.html:

Chorus broadband Internet access is the most effective way to ‘unleash’ the full potential of the web.

Your business is likely to have experienced slow access speeds, connections that ‘time out’ and frankly content that takes too long to download.

When you’re in a Chorus broadband environment, the Internet delivers what it promises. Suddenly inter-office and remote staff communication becomes a reality. Rich media documents and projects can be used collaboratively - incorporating video and audio.

Chorus begins implementing broadband access in Dublin in October. And it won’t be long before many more areas see the benefits of a Chorus broadband service.

Chorus is bringing the future of the Internet to Ireland through www.PORTAL NAME.ie, Chorus’ portal of all things broadband.

For further information on Chorus broadband service, contact 1890 XXX XXX or email business@chorus.ie

www.PORTAL NAME.ie ... ??? oh dear!

Oh ... and my phone doesn't have the number X. :p

Extreme waffle, eh? Hope we don't get too used to it...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

that link you posted, portal name.ie

is that a misprint ? or is there some other part of it ?

<edit> Are they talking about Powernet for res users in dublin ? or is to do with businesses ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by ando
    that link you posted, portal name.ie

is that a misprint ? or is there some other part of it ?

It's not a misprint, - it's an unfinished article where they have yet to PUT IN the portal name... same with the phone number.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

ah ok, gotcha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

<!--begin sarcasm-->

Anyone know whether there are any marketing jobs opening at Chorus? I took marketing as a module in college, and I heard they pay quite well... ;)

In fact, I've been told that they pay so well that there isn't any money left for actually providing a service.

<!--end sarcasm-->

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

Powernet for res users in dublin ?

Chorus is not for Dub Res (really?) .. yea its based in Limerick mainly atm.

• Advertisement
Advertisement