Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question for those who've built a new house

Options
  • 19-10-2005 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭

I'm a few weeks away from moving into my new house, which is almost complete. Its looking generally great apart from the dirt and dust, which is everywhere. But I dont know whether the builder is obliged to leave the house in a spotless walk-in condition, or whether it'll be up to me to clean up all the mess.

1. Do builders generally give the house a really good clean-up before handing over the keys?

2. In your case did the builder leave the house very clean?

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭Spocker

Hey Rooster,

"really good clean" and "spotless" are open to interpretation but to answer your questions (moved in in May)

1. Generally, yes
    2. Yes, but it cost me a 50 spot on the side (I knew the builders runner and need a few bits of timber, bricks, etc etc at a later stage which he sorted me out with so it was worth it)

Advertisement